Destination Stewardship Marketing/Communications for Ocean Recreation and Tourism - Volunteer Position
Did you know that the National Marine Sanctuary System is managed for the conservation of their natural and cultural resources, while supporting sustainable recreation and tourism? We invite you to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team at NOAA’s Office of National Marine Sanctuaries where you will gain invaluable resume-building experience and an insider's perspective from the nation's leader in ocean conservation and management. As a volunteer, you will work with the Communications team to implement the National Marine Sanctuaries Destination Stewardship strategy and enhance visibility of responsible recreation opportunities in national marine sanctuaries.
Support tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of topical factsheets and articles for various audiences
- Outreach to travel bloggers, and convention and visitors bureaus
- Exploring connections to the outdoor recreation and ecotourism industries in both the public and private sector
- Assist in ensuring that national marine sanctuaries place-based conservation efforts are recognized and publicized in local and interagency arenas
- Motivated self-starters who enjoy both independent and collaborative work
- Competitive candidates will have good communication skills
- An interest in parks and recreation management, tourism development, or marine affairs
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample that is suitable for a public audience email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.